Thursday, August 12, 2010

I love you...a bushel and a peck...

I love you a bushel and peck
A bushel and peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talking in my sleep
About you

This was our song of the summer...we sang it all the time and I would tickle the girls at the end...so we normally sang it four times in a row so that each girl would get tickled! I loved it...I can still hear Greta's four year old voice singing it missing a few words here and there.

So...summer is over. My last day was today and boy did Greta want to make it memorable! We did EVERYTHING. First we had a tea party, complete with pretzels, Ritz Crackers, M&M's and of course Pink Lemonade "tea." Then played Pretty Pretty Princess, then made slime-turquise colored...all three girls favorite! Then we watched Jungle Book 2. Of course had chicken nuggets for lunch (can't tell you how many times i have made those the last three months). All in all it was a great day. Both girls were in good moods which made it easy to enjoy.
(I will post pictures of our day later, left my camera cord at home)

It was hard and sad to say goodbye...we have had so much fun this summer and made so many memories. I definitely look forward to seeing them soon...*hint*hint (come to San Diego! :)


Now I am already back at school and gearing up for the next job. All my boxes of tricks and fun are packed up for the summer and the boxes of school stuff will (soon be) unpacked. Can not believe that summer is over. It was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment