Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Winter in August

Today was the day that the girls have been waiting for since before I even got home for the summer! Last year it was Winter in July, but due to my missions trip and all of the things that they had going on, we had to bump it to August this year. So 97 degrees outside and in our shorts and t-shirts it was snow day! We made gingerbread houses and decorated them with gum drops and "Mike a Mike's" as Greta called them. We made snowmen from marshmallows and then played with SNOW!! It is so fun to see the girls creativity in decorating their houses and it was fun getting covered in frosting and saving collapsed houses! It was a full sticky day and another day that I left with a sugar rush, but I suppose that is partly my fault!







The snow was pretty much a MESS...but it was oh so fun! The girls were SHOCKED at how much just a little powder and water made and thought it felt so weird when I made it in their hands. They spent a long time digging and creating mountains and tossing it at each other and making basically just a mess...but that's alright, it was clean by the time mom got home!







After playing in the snow the girls asked if I would take their pictures. They loved it!! Giggling and picking new "poses"








So we had winter in August during one of the hottest weeks of the summer so far. The girls were excited and we had fun. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all of the leftover marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment