Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One of the things that I love the most about my job is the innocence of young kids. I love just listening to them talk and listening to the answers that they come up with to the questions that I ask them. Today I was amused once again, but not amused in a funny haha kind of way, amused in the pure genius of the child's mind. Today after Jorja went home and while Ava was napping, I was talking to Greta (age 4) as I was pushing her on the swing. I was asking simple questions: what she would like to do the rest of the week, if she liked her sisters being gone for the day, what she did while I was on my trip, etc...One thing I asked was when she would be learning to swim without her vest that she wears in the pool. She looked at me and very matter of factly said that she would wear it until she is seven, then she will swim without it. She then went on to tell me that I would be there then. When I asked her WHY I would be there and how she knew she looked at me and said, "well, you already went on your trip. So you will be here when I am seven and I am swimming." I guess in her mind, I went away once, so I will be around forever now! :) Something else she said was when we were talking about painting our nails. She told me that if we were to do that then I would have to clean off what was already painted on hers. She first asked if I new what the stuff was that took off the polish. When I told her I knew what it was she went on to explain: that you take that stuff and you pour it on the white puffy thing that is like a cloud and then you wipe it all over your nails until the color comes off and then you let if dry and then you can put the new color on. Yup, the white puffy thing like a cloud...I love it. Everyday it is a little sad for me to think that the days with these girls are coming to an end for this summer. If there is one thing that I miss when I go to school it is definitely the moments and the conversations spent with these girls. They are what I look forward to everyday and every summer!


"Super Greta"


I have to say that I love my job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment