Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Game of LIFE

I can not believe how much board games have changed or "improved" since I was playing them. Today Sasha decided that we should play LIFE so we pulled it out and as I was watching I realized that there were more cards and pieces then I have ever played with. There is this new "spin to win" card and first you by a starter house then later on you sell that house and buy another and there are so many different paths to choose from the game of LIFE was beginning to stress me out more than my real life. I realized as I was being sued for $100,000 dollars for what I still do not know, that games are just not fun anymore. Also, the innocence of how good it all looks on the game as a 12 year old is telling me, "oh, you don't have money for that, just take out a $100,000 loan." Oh how glad I was that the money was pink and I got to put it all back in the box when it was over and took no loans home with me. Greta was convinced that I was winning the whole time because my car had the most kids in it saying that "you only need one more boy to win" and Sasha started out the game by eloping and moving ahead 5 spaces to "Get Married." These new and improved versions are just too much for me. Its ridiculous. As ridiculous as it was and how strange all the additions were, it all worked out in the end because I still won, even with 1 space open for another little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment