Monday, June 28, 2010

Peace and Quiet

I love watching my girls. I love the laughter, the giggles, the creativity. I am always sad to go home and even more sad to think about leaving them, for a few weeks or even for the school year. (So the topic is banned until absolutely necessary.) But, even though I love all the noise and love being with them, there is always a sense of relief and calming that comes over me when I find out I will only be watching the baby for any given period of time. Today, well actually this whole week, but lets start with today, was one of those days. It started out with waiting for her to wake up, then we fed her, changed her, played for a bit and then after a few screams and tears she was asleep again



And this is how she stayed, with slight variations in her positioning, for the last 2 hours of my watching her. Now I could have put her down in her crib and been free to text, Facebook, do homework, watch tv sitting anyway I wanted, or a variety of other things...but really, who would want to give this up:

No comments:

Post a Comment