Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1 to 4

Talk about culture shock...although that wouldn't be the correct phrase to use. This morning was morning number one with all four kids. It was much louder, much messier and some how crazier!! Funny how relaxing a job can be with one kid...but 4...woo...i'm tired! Somehow even with all the noise, messes and craziness I still love it. I love watching the girls interact and play and then playing with them. However now looking back on today I really don't remember a time I sat down and played with them, except when they watched tv...and then that is not playing. it seemed like the four were spread out throughout the house and I bounced from one to the other changed a diaper, opened something for one, helped another with something else and back to the first and around and around I go....I guess this is what it is like to have more than one kid! :)
We weren't able to make too much goo today because I got there and discovered that all my supplies were either gone or low. (shame on me for not being prepared) We did get one bright yellow batch out of what we had, but shortly after it was made it was all over Greta and we were washing hands, scrubbing the table and throwing it away. A sad attempt!
After a short poll between the 3 older girls, it appears that puppets and "Winter in July" are in the near future for us which will be fun as always! :)

Quote of the day:
Greta: (With sad puppy dog eyes and a sad voice) "Bethany, will you take me to Disneyland someday? Cause my mommy doesn't know how to get there"
Me: (Holding back the laugh) "Yes, Greta, someday I will take you to Disneyland"
Sounds like a deal to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment