Monday, July 25, 2011

Barbies, Barbies, oh and more Barbies

Today was declared Barbie day by the girls as they dug through my tub of old Barbie's and accessories and changed their outfits, hair styles, and occupations. One minute a teacher, the next a ballerina and still next a princess. They were entertained all day long and it was fabulous. It was fun for me to take a little trip down memory lane too as they pulled out the different dresses or dolls and I remembered something from when Barbie's were a daily activity in my life. Unfortunately we had to learn the hard way that my 10-15 year old dolls sadly were not made to be played with, left in a box for who knows how long and then pulled out for 3 little girls to love oh so much. We lost a few heads, a few legs and the what was once permanent hair styles have all been pulled out. I caught Ava sucking on the head of baby Barbie at one point with the rest of its body sticking out of her mouth...oh geez! One sentence I thought I would never hear myself say, "Get the babies head out of your mouth!!" Love it!
We started the day out though by filling the house with the glorious smell of chocolate chip cookies. Greta was up early so after some snuggle time, breakfast and chores, she and I whipped up a batch of cookies, which then sat on the counter all day tempting us to eat them...and eat them we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment