Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Crayons"

Crayons....the answer to the question: what would you like to eat for dinner?

Poor little baby was exhausted after a day of car shopping with mom and dad and then left with me to be fed, changed and put to bed. The one track mind of this one year old was apparent as she was determined that the right answer to my question was: crayons. After many denied food options, we finally settled on macaroni and cheese, yogurt and a snack bar washed down with some apple juice. She ate...sorta...watched about 15 minutes of Wow Wow Wubzy then it was jammies, songs and nigh nigh. Ava likes to sing "i've got the joy down in my heart" so we sang that, quite a few times, and then turned out the light.

There are really no words to describe how much joy this child brings to my life. We don't spend all that much time together, but when we do I can't help but smile and tell her I love her. All four of their kiddos make me feel that way. I am blessed to have been "adopted" into such a wonderful family!

2 comments:

  1. Haha Wow Wow Wubzy?? I used to watch that at the daycare at the gym in Tucson. Not by choice, mind you, but cuz the 2 year old loved it. And it was only one DVD so it was the same 2 episodes. I knew it by heart by the end of the summer haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava apparently loves it!! Wow wow!! haha...i will probably hate it by the end of next week! :)

    ReplyDelete