Thursday, July 28, 2011

From Winter to Summer

I bet there are not many kids in CA that can say they spent the day in the snow one day and the next playing in the waves at the beach...my four can! We have had a good two days and a great wrap up to a work week for me. Yesterday the long awaited "Winter in July" was finally here!! We made snowflakes, played with snow and built gingerbread houses and snowmen!! The girls look forward to Winter in July every summer...and I must say I find it quite fun myself! No snowball fights broke out this year, but we managed to have a good time without it! :)





Today the girls mom took off work and we packed up all the kids and headed to the beach! It was the perfect beach day filled with laughs, screams (happy screams of course) and wipe outs! We played in the sand and the waves all afternoon and had a fantastic time. The girls even got me all the way in the water riding the waves back in and getting sucked under! It was fun to be a kid again.


So...Winter one day, summer the next, doesn't get much better than that! :)

1 comment:

  1. Princess - you are amazing. Miss you. (Love this blog.)

    ReplyDelete